Born Anew for Women is a voluntary program for women transitioning from incarceration back into society. The Born Anew homes will create safe spaces where women getting out of prison can live, rehabilitate, acquire education, get help with work goals, and receive continued counseling. To create opportunities for these women to stop destructive cycles, discover purpose in their lives, and experience God’s unconditional love, forgiveness & life-transforming power. To effectively deal with their past in order to grow into the future living a healthy life. Our vision is to facilitate multiple homes throughout California in different counties including Riverside, San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, Sacramento, and other communities where there is a need.
Our vision for these homes is to provide the following to women released from prison:
- A safe and sober faith-based environment.
- One year of accommodations, or until the resident is ready to live safely on their own.
- Interim services designed to nurture personal and family relationships at work and home, reduce marriage and family conflict and encourage recovery-oriented behaviors and healthy re-engagement with the community.
- Life skills programming to support recovery-oriented behaviors such as financial management, nutritional education, and fitness.
- An enriched Christian environment where the resident can live a life free from addiction, promoting success through the love of the Father, relationship with Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit while addressing the three parts of our being: Spirit, Soul, and Body.
- Access to the Healing Rooms and Healing My Heart programs.